"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, September 25, 2017

headlines

Mondays, the news headlines tend to hit me a little harder than other days. Likely because Sundays are high intensity, and Mondays begin slowly.

I become saddened. There's a lot of pain out there. Today I got on my knees beside my bed and prayed. For America. For Ukraine. For Germany. For Caribbean nations. For Venezuela. For Mexico.

For Canada.

For our world, beautiful and broken. We only have this one, for now. I know "this world is not my home" - but it is, at this moment. And so I grieve for its brokenness. And love its unexpected beauty. And laugh with its moments of joy.

And I pray.

God -

Be present in our world. Heal. Protect. Help. Restore. Defend. Have mercy. Bring justice.

Amen.

This week, whoever you are, whatever you believe...

Do good for someone. Even just one someone.

Show love to someone. Even just one someone.

And today,

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord turn his face toward you, and give you peace.