"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Thursday, October 03, 2013

afternoon visit

Since I was in the area...

Wait, I should back up.

You remember me going back to school, right?

And taking a class a couple of years ago, with a prof whose radar I decided to remain below? Because he was kinda scary?


OK.

So since I was in the area (as you know from this post - come on, stay with me)...

I stopped on the way home to have lunch and a visit with my formerly-frightening-now-a-friend prof.

It. Was. Lovely.

Turns out we drink the exact same brand and blend of coffee, so that's a sign right there of a meeting of minds. Ate pizza, traded stories, laughed, walked his dog, sat drinking coffee and admired the beautiful, authentic and very old phone booth he had recently purchased from England.

A most enjoyable afternoon.